[[ Inconveniently I notice that git-multimail.py is a python2 script. Making me hope that the upstream version of it has been ported to python3 as we don't need yet another obstacle to upgrading. ]]

I see that the upstream version has "preliminary support for Python 3". I'm not sure what that means, but I fear it doesn't mean "has been ported to Python 3"...

#!/bin/sh
TMP=$(mktemp -u)
cat - > $TMP
cat $TMP | hooks/post-receive-git_multimail-emacs
cat $TMP | hooks/post-receive-ci.heytings.org
rm -f $TMP

Note that the reason the option is -u is because it is an unsafe option. :-) It is definitely not desired in this type of context.

Indeed :-) But note that I said "I would suggest something like", I wasn't convinced that it was the best approach.

I installed this latest iteration to the post-receive hook script, leaving the others as previously noted.

   lines=$(cat)
   printf "%s\n" "$lines" | ./hooks/post-receive-git_multimail-emacs
   printf "%s\n" "$lines" | ./hooks/post-receive-ci.heytings.org

I think that should do it. Once again please let me know how I screwed things up with this iteration. :-)

Thanks, that's perfect, it's working on my side.

And thanks for the detailed comments!