Hi,

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:04:38AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This mail was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Tais M. Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Slackware Source Repository
> System name: ssr
> Type: non-GNU

> The purpose of this project is to ease various source package building for Slackware
> Linux users. Today, users of Slackware are dependant on official Slackware package
> releases, on the pre-built binaries on Linux Packages which potentially could have
> been compromised in some way, or on their own skills at configuring and building
> packages manually.

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS
to GNU/Linux?

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

> The project is basically a collection of makefiles crafted to help build and install
> various packages on Slackware Linux systems, much like the Ports system for BSD. It
> will automatically download sources, verify, extract, patch, configure, build,
> package and install/uninstall/upgrade. It will also check and follow package
> dependencies.
>
> Currently basic fetch, build and package functionality is working. About 15 source
> packages can now be downloaded from their respective mirrors and built by issuing a
> simple make in the package repository directory. I.e. \"cd
> ssr/repository/development/pwlib && make\", will fetch the pwlib source tar ball,
> checksum, extract, configure, build and prepare for packaging. The binary packages
> are made with Slackware\'s own packagetools, making it a perfect companion for any
> Slackware Linux system.
>
> Basic makefiles and makefiles for the existing 15 sources are available via email if
> needed (16kb).

Please e-mail it to me.

Regards,

Rudy
--
Rudy Gevaert                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web page                    http:/www.webworm.org