Update of sr #108451 (project administration):

        Operating System:                    None => GNU/Linux

well enough to propose a solution.  Why are things slow?

The problem is suspected to be on the vcs VM.  The web site frontend
interfaces to the vcs backend.  (Could be on the frontend.)  The vcs VM is
configured for 7 cpus and 6G of ram.  It is mostly cpu idle and lots of ram.
But at times it runs a very high load average up to 20, but still with an idle
cpu.  Theories have come and gone.  I could tell you my current theory is that
the xen vm is I/O slow.  Whenever it is doing a lot of I/O is when it seems to
really bog down.  But other theories have come and gone already so this one
might too.

I don't know anything about how BZR works so that is harder for me to debug.
But CVS and SVN are similarly slow.  Dora has reported problems with those
months ago.  There is a cycle when it is worse than other times.  The worst
times seem to be around zero-dark-thirty for my timezone making it painful for
me to observe the problem first hand.  Unfortunately that is midmorning for
Dora and the folks over there.  Some folks have been experiencing it much
worse than others.

BTW I tried your sample URL and it came up within a couple of seconds.  No
problem at this moment.  (shrug.)  But I don't doubt that it has been bad
because we all have seen it be terrible before.  It must be an interaction of
things.

I have been trying to get dom0 access so that I can fix the grub boot process
to be reliable.  (It isn't set to upgrade well.)  And until then I am fearful
of reboots because it sometimes fails to come up and then it is a mad scramble
to find an FSF admin to rescue the system.  This request is in the pipeline
and at some point it will pop through.  Then it will be reboots and upgrades
all around.  From my viewpoint that is the next thing to do to it.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108451>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/