             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: rickjoh...@gmail.com
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I cannot login with my user name (important name for me).
I used my "Lastpass" program to generate the initial password while creating
the account.  I depended on Lastpass to create a login entry in its database
or at least remember the generated password but it did not this time.

So after I verified, via the emailed link, I went to do the "Forgot Password"
process.  This is possible on every other account authorization scheme I have
ever seen.  "Savannah" will not allow me to reset the password for this
account because it is "pending".  I also cannot start over and create a new
account with my login name since it is already there.

I am in limbo.  I have an account that I forgot the password to and I am
permanently locked out.

Why does the login process lock me out of being able to reset the password?  I
never heard of that before.  What is this extra validation protecting
against?

Why am I not able to create an new account over the old one ESPECIALLY when
using the same username AND email address?

Rick Johnson
631-921-8450 (mobile)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109310>

  Message sent via/by Savannah