[comment #3 comment #3:]
> To the best of my knowledge, the text and other content for Savannah has
always been considered copyright FSF.

I'm sure nobody has assigned it---definitely not for comments in the trackers.
 IIRC LibrePlanet has a bottom note like "you agree to assign copyright to the
FSF", Savannah hasn't even that.

[comment #5 comment #5:]
> The question now becomes if this is okay
> or if further modifications need to be made to it.  The previous local
> content override could be restored.  But it looks to me that in 2017
> this was changed to remove that separate area and to converge into the
> main code area.

Exactly; what we could do is drop the fallback to the legacy location, don't
use the .txt suffix (currently all such files are empty) and use directly the
code area (this would mean selecting non-gnu-content vs gnu-content).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110593>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/