Hi Steve,

> I am trying to do commits from a new machine.  I added its SSH public
> RSA key on the Savannah web page (for GNU FreeFont project), but for
> hours, neither SVN nor CVS works for me.  Both are asking for a
> password.

Looking in the logs doesn't show anything obvious.  Seems like it
should be working.  I looked quickly at your ssh keys in the database
and they looked okay.  Since you say you are working from a new
machine then I suspect something there.  Perhaps permissions.  Usually
permissions must not be group writable anywhere up the directory tree
for example so be sure to check permissions.

> Have i forgotten something?  Or do key changes have to be authorized
> by somebody?

Things should be working.  Try this as a simple test.

  $ ssh stevan_wh...@cvs.savannah.gnu.org hostname

You should see:

  You tried to execute: hostname
  Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.

That means things are working.  But you might be seeing something
else.  If so and the reason isn't obvious then try:

  ssh -v stevan_wh...@cvs.savannah.gnu.org hostname

You should see something like (this is from me):

  debug1: Offering public key: RSA
SHA256:ny9SZmnnLpUeTcmzt+pVpoxdH39AntZ+8Cb33tmCLzQ /home/rwp/.ssh/id_rsa
  debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 279

If you don't then something is wrong with the public key offer.
Either permissions or something.

Bob