Hi guys,

Requests associated to local files are instantly resolved when
created, so the primary/secondary distinction does not matter.

Chris, if you want to resolve more requests in advance, just increase
the length of the primary queue using the "length" parameter. Most
requests will be considered has having duration "default_duration", so
if you set length to be N*default_duration you should get N requests
resolved in advance.

Hope this helps,

David

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 1:24 AM, Romain Beauxis <rom...@liquidsoap.fm> wrote:
> 2013/10/1 Chris Everest <chrisever...@gmail.com>
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Romain Beauxis <to...@rastageeks.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Chris,2013/9/26 Chris Everest <chrisever...@gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Thanks for the traces. Unfortunately, I don't see anything wrong with
>>> them.. What you see is that the file is downloaded with a .flac extension,
>>> that the flac decoder picks it up and that the taglib metadata decoder
>>> rejects it.
>>>
>>> This is how it is supposed to happen, taglib is set to accept only mp3
>>> files by default and the flac metadata decoder is supposed to decode the
>>> file's metadata.
>>>
>>> What happens when you download the file manually and run liquidsoap -r
>>> /path/to/file.flac ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Romain
>>

>> Picking a random flac file, I download and initiate liquidsoap manually.
>> It seems to work fine.  And when adding to request.queue the first request
>> resolves fine too.  It's the subsequent requests that get placed into the
>> secondary queue that don't get resolve metadata until the request is
>> prepared as the next track.
>
> I see now. I'm not exactly sure why it works differently with local files
> then. I will have a look at the code but could you also share the
> request.resolve logs with a local file by any chance?
>
> Thanks,
> Romain

David