Hi,

In case you're not receiving notifications, I believe I fixed the
issue, in branch LS-132.

This makes me realize that funny things will happen in the sort of
situation we're considering. If an active source is attached to the
inner clock of cue_cut, it only lives through cue_cut, who is
responsible for animating that clock. This active source would
typically be an output.dummy, but possibly something more useful like
an icecast output.. which is a bad idea from the beginning because it
will stream at max speed during when cue_cut() cuts something away.

With the fix, the behavior is the same as before (active sources stop)
but because the clock is garbage collected the attached active sources
should be able to die as well. I need to check this by running more
tests. This may give rise to a tricky workaround for your another
problem you had where you had forgotten to explicitly shutdown a
strip_blank: if you can attach the strip_blank to the clock of an
operator such as a (useless) cue_cut, it may die automatically with
that operator.

Cheers,

David

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM, okay_awright <okay_awri...@ddcr.biz> wrote:
> Big thanks!
>
> On 16/11/2013 23:19, David Baelde wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Good catch, I confirm the issue! cue_cut (and probably also cross and
>> smart_cross) operators are garbage collected but leave their clock
>> behind. Something is preventing those from being claimed by the GC.
>>
>> I have created an issue on github:
>> https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/issues/132
>>
>> This shouldn't be a big problem as the extra sources will cost no CPU
>> at all and close to no memory either.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David

> --