Hi Pierre,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Pierre Boutillier
<pierre.boutill...@laposte.net> wrote:
> First, a rather off topic one not important one : the website is much user
> friendly than liquidsoap —list-plugins. is there an easy way to get
> video.add_image and input.v4l2 referred at
> http://liquidsoap.fm/doc-svn/reference.html ?

We should do that (but I won't do it just now). You can also run "make
doc" from the doc subdirectory of the liquidsoap source tree, it'll
generate your own reference.html page.

> 1/ my "safe" file has no sound. if I put a file with sound in the queue, it
> is played but without sound. If I try to do
> safe=mux_audio(audio=blank(),single(…)), putting a correct request (tried 2
> different) in the queue does not fail but the file is not played … do you
> have clue of why ?

My guess is that you have something like
output.icecast(%theora,infinite) which tells liquidsoap that your
stream is pure video. The video decoder accepts to convert audio+video
to pure video if needed -- in general we try to not hide conversions,
but in that case the extra cost of decoding audio for dropping it
later made us decide otherwise.

If I guessed right, you should try %ogg(%vorbis,%theora) which is the
format describing ogg containing both vorbis audio and theora video.

> 2/ If I replace live=rawlive by live=video.add_text.gstreamer(…,raw live), I
> have my received external stream with some text when a stream is received as
> expected but if I use live=video.add_image(…,raw live), live never fails and
> I have a black screen with my logo when no external stream is received. How
> could I get the behavior « image with logo if (and as long as) an image
> as one of its element fails ?

Surprisingly, we do not provide a ready-made solution for that. I'm
not sure, but I think I would go with a track insensitive switch to
disable the second source when the first one is not ready (you can use
source.is_ready here). I haven't tried, please let us know if you
manage to make it work, otherwise I'll experiment myself.

> 3/ I’m sure the information is somewhere. My live stream is fragile and
> liquidsoap plays very well its role to fallback. Never the less, I would
> prefer that less than 3s freeze remains freeze rather than reload the « safe
> » video. How could I do that ?

That's a good question, but we don't have an answer yet. It requires
some hacking on the input.http() operator. I'm telling you because I
know you can get into our OCaml code: I'd be happy to guide you if you
want to try this :)

Cheers,
--
David