Hi Ken,

I'm glad you got to something that works for you. What you did with
definition names here is along the lines of the short advice I
proposed in my previous mail. However, I would not have suspected the
need for drop_metadata(). I find it weird: if you drop metadata,
there's nothing to transform next using map_metadata... or is your
map_metadata() supposed to *insert* rather than modify stuff? (i.e.
you would be using insert_missing)

The reason why I'm asking is that there is possibly a bug lying here.
It seems surprising for basic stuff like this, but on the other we're
using a mutable data structure for metadata and may have forgotten to
copy in some places...

Cheers,

David

--