Hi Peter,

Thanks for your repy.

With regard to option (b), correct me if I am wrong:

This mean that if I have 4 directories, when the weighting variable causes
Liquidsoap to return to the music1 directory, it will continue playing the
randomised order from where it left off (essentially remembering the position
in the playlist so as to avoid repeating tracks that may have already been
played from that directory) that is until I add or remove content from that
directory at which point the playlist will reload and start afresh.

Damian

- - -
I prefer to use encrypted email.
My public key fingerprint is 77CC 9087 0A92 F55D 75A3  660B 68F2 1FA9 B26E CAC7