On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 16:07:50 -0500
Romain Beauxis <romain.beau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, just add it inside the callback function. If sending the message
> can take a while and block you may want to wrap it in a add_timeout
> to make sure the main streaming thread isn't stopped by it.

I'm using the request queue and currently polling the server by saying
'request.alive' to see if it's still playing, however this is 30
seconds at the moment. Does output to the server socket really block
everything else? Can I somehow make it non-blocking?
--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - d...@jetcafe.org

There is a saying: "I believe it because it is impossible"
If you make any study of people in a state of what they are
pleased to call belief, you will find that you can usually
best describe them by the saying:
           "My belief has made me impossible."