Hi all!

Liquidsoap 2.0.6 is out now!

You can check it out here:
https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/releases/tag/v2.0.6. This is the 6th
and last bugfix release for the 2.0.x branch.

Following this release, the 2.0.x development branch will only be updated
on a best-effort basis. New projects are now advised to work with the
rolling-release-v2.1.x branch, which is set to be the next stable release.

This release contains a set of minor fixes. Production scripts using any
2.0.x version are advised to switch to it but, still, after testing that
there is no unforeseen regression.

A lot of effort has been put into debugging memory-related issues with
regard to requests. If your script uses a lot of requests (playlist,
request.dynamic etc.) you should benefit from upgrading to this version.

Next, we're gonna work on fixing any issue that comes up with the 2.1.x branch
and release a first stable version of it in the coming months.

The 2.1.x version comes with some major improvements and breaking changes.
As usual, you can get a (mostly) complete list here:
https://www.liquidsoap.info/doc-dev/migrating.html

In particular, the following changes are noticeable:

   - *JSON parsing is greatly improved and you should now be able to do:*

let json.parse { foo, bla, gni } : { foo: string, bla: float, gni:
bool } = json_string

For any one who has ever tried to parse json in their liquidsoap scripts,
this is gonna be a game changer. We have a detailed article here:
https://www.liquidsoap.info/doc-dev/json.html

   - *Partial function application has been removed.*

This is not so much an improvement but something we thought was an
acceptable trade-off. Support for partial application is making the
language much more complicated and not a lot of users are actively using
it. This change means that instead of doing:

def f(x, y) =
end

g = f(0)

You will now have to do:

def f(x, y) =
end

def g(y) =
  f(0, y)
end

   - *Regular expressions are now first-class entities. *

This should be familiar to anyone used to working with Javascript's regular
expression. So, now, instead of doing:

string.match(pattern="\\d+", s)

You will now do:

r/\d+/.test(s)

There's a detailed description of this new feature here:
https://www.liquidsoap.info/doc-dev/language.html#regular_expressions

We're very much looking forward to having this next version out and keep
improving with the stuff we have in store for the 2.2.x branch.

--
Romain & Sam