http://www.dean.usma.edu/socs/ir/ss478/General%20Gordon%20Bio.pdf

What John Gordon is doing giving a keynote at the RSA conference is utterly
and completely beyond my ability to comprehend.  If you read his bio at the
link above, you'll find he has absolutely zero background in software or
computer systems.  He's obviously a smart cookie (ex-physicist at Air Force
Weapons Lab, a stint at Sandia, etc) but he's not in any position to
authoritatively say jack sqat about software vulnerabilities - unless
there's something I'm not reading about his background.

I love his perspective though .. Sure John, it's the DEVELOPERS fault that
MANAGEMENT makes the promises and DEMANDS product be shipped two weeks
before it's even spec'd.  God, I sure do wish I had though of just spending
more time debugging when the CEO was screaming at me.. "either you ship *IT*
or I ship *YOU*".  This also tells me he's completely unfamiliar with the
concept of offshore outsourcing.  psss.. hey, John .. A LOT OF THE CODE'S
NOT EVEN WRITTEN HERE, BUDDY! :-)

I'm glad I didn't go .. I would have felt cheated out of my admission fee by
hearing the blathering of someone like this.

Kind Regards (and in somewhat of a cranky mood),
-dsp

(http://news.com.com/2009-7355_3-5163628.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj).
> > > Most of the announcements seem to me to focus on new and upcoming
products.
> > >  While that's all well and good, I don't see anyone addressing issues
of
> > > software security -- which probably shouldn't come as much of a
surprise
> > > since software security is not even addressed in the conference
> > > theme/agenda (http://2004.rsaconference.com/agenda.aspx).
Disappointing...