you've got a few questions there ... i'll answer the first one.

i might copy the suggestion from someone [i can't remember who at the
moment] who suggested the next step in programming in-general is more
parallel programs [in order to increase speed]. this is obviously
complicated and will create new security problems.

but i mean (it hardly needs to be said), we have enough trouble with
the problems we already have.

On 6/6/07, Kenneth Van Wyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi SC-L,
>
> [Hmmm, this didn't make it out to the list as I'd expected, so here's
> a 2nd try. Apologies for any duplicates. KRvW]
>
> At the SC-L BoF sessions held to date (which admittedly is not
> exactly a huge number, but I'm doing my best to see them continue), I
> like to ask those that attend what we can be doing to make SC-L more
> useful and meaningful to the subscribers.  Of course, as with all
> mailing lists, SC-L  will always be what its members make of it.
> However, at one recent SC-L BoF session, it was suggested that I pose
> periodic questions/issues for comment and discussion.  As last week
> was particularly quiet here with my hiatus and all, this seems like a
> good opportunity to give that a go, so...
>
> What do you think is the _next_ technological problem for the
> software security community to solve?  PLEASE, let's NOT go down the
> rat hole of senior management buy-in, use [this language], etc.  (In
> fact, be warned that I will /dev/null any responses in this thread
> that go there.)  So, what technology could/would make life easier for
> a secure software developer?  Better source code analysis?  High(er)
> level languages to help automate design reviews?  Better security
> testing tools?  To any of these, *better* in what ways, specifically?
>
> Any takers?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ken
> -----
> Kenneth R. van Wyk
> SC-L Moderator
> KRvW Associates, LLC
> http://www.KRvW.com

> as a free, non-commercial service to the software security community.

mike
68 65 6c 6c 6f 20 74 6f 20 79 6f 75 2c
20 68 65 78 20 64 65 63 6f 64 65 72 2e