hi sc-l,

There are some important good things about top ten lists that are worthy of
mention.  The notion of knowing your enemy is essential in security (as it is
in warfare), and top ten lists can help get software people started thinking
about attacks, attackers, and the vulnerabilities they go after. These days
almost any attention paid to the problem is good attention, and the fact that
the the tech press is paying attention to software security at all is a good
thing.  Top ten lists help in that respect.

But, I am really worried about these kinds of lists and I wrote up my worries
in an article that was just posted:
Top Eleven Reasons Why Top 10 (or Top 25) Lists Don't Work
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1322398

I thought you might get a kick out of it.

gem

http://www.cigital.com/~gem