Hey Sammy.

How does that pertain to a software security group (SSG) per se? The
details below seem to indicate that it was the controls over all that
lead to the positive impact.

My main point is that supporting an SSG isn't cost effective for 95%
of the organizations out there that are building code. That's why in
SAMM, we didn't mandate the structure of the organization and instead
concentrated on the functions fulfilled by security guys (regardless
of their placement in the org).

p.