Good news today from the Software Assurance Maturity Model (SAMM) group.

http://www.opensamm.org/2009/03/samm-10-released/

Their release says:

"The Beta release has been out for quite a while now (since August 2008) and lots of organizations and individuals have provided excellent feedback to help improve the model. I’ve heard lots of stories from people using SAMM (some are consulting firms, and some are development organizations) and that feedback has been some of the most valuable. This release marks the official 1.0 version of SAMM and there’s a few new pieces added:

    * Executive summary and introduction to the model
    * Improved details on applying the model to solve problems
    * Assessment worksheets for evaluating existing programs
    * Roadmaps for financial services and government organizations
* Improvements and refinements to the model (I’ll cover changes individually in separate posts)

Many thanks to the individual reviewers and the organizations that have volunteered time to help improve SAMM. I look forward to more active participants as we push forward with some of the future development plans for SAMM."

Cheers,

Ken

-----
Kenneth R. van Wyk