From: sc-l-boun...@securecoding.org
[mailto:sc-l-boun...@securecoding.org] On Behalf Of Brad Andrews
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:03 PM
To: sc-l@securecoding.org
Subject: [SC-L] Integrated Dynamic and Static Scanning

Partnering is not the same thing as having a single owner for both
tools.  I also believe WhiteHat is "hire them and they do it" model,
though they do put hardware in your enterprise.  IIRC, you could not do
all the work yourself if you had whatever components they provided.

I don't think AppScan and the Ounce programs will be integrated to this
extent soon, but it would be much easier, since they are both in
the same company.    That level of integration is highly unlikely
without the "common owner" this deal provides.

The end result may or may not be better, especially if they take the IBM
trend of charging more rather that the simpler model Ounce was taking
recently.  (Though was that sustainable?)

I would be interested in hearing how the Fortify/WhiteHat integration
worked.

--

Brad Andrews
RBA Communications

> Fortify (www.fortify.com) has Partnered with WhiteHat Security
> (www.whitehatsec.com) too

SC-L is hosted and moderated by KRvW Associates, LLC
(http://www.KRvW.com) as a free, non-commercial service to the software
security community.
addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.