hi sc-l,

Today we officially launch BSIMM Europe, a study of 9 EU firms' software
security initiatives.  We continue to focus our work on large-scale software
security initiatives at major software firms.  Firms in the study included:
Nokia, Standard Life, SWIFT, Telecom Italia, and Thomson Reuters.

An informIT article can be found here:
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1405841

The article describes our findings regarding European software security by
contrast with the original BSIMM.  We have tripled the size of the BSIMM study
to 27 firms with several more under way.  We hope to reach 30 firms by year end.

We released BSIMM v1.5 as part of the BSIMM Europe push.  The document
(released under the Creative Commons) is available for download and now
includes and appendix about BSIMM Europe http://www.bsi-mm.com/europe/.  The
original document has been translated into Italian (by Minded Security) and
German (by Virtual Forge).

We are very excited about BSIMM progress and look forward to sharing more real
data with the community.  No more faith based software security!

gem

company www.cigital.com
podcast www.cigital.com/silverbullet
blog www.cigital.com/justiceleague