All,

At the risk of starting a flame war a month early: MITRE and SANS are going to release a new version of the Top 25 Most Dangerous Programming Errors (http://cwe.mitre.org/top25/). The 2010 version will be released in about a month, but we are still welcoming any inputs. I would be especially grateful for anyone who has quantitative data with respect to weaknesses or attacks, but that is not required.

Various improvements are planned to address a number of critiques of last year's effort.

If you are interested in contributing, please email me and Bob Martin (ramar...@mitre.org), and we will send you more information.

Thanks,

Steve Christey
CWE Technial Lead