hi sc-l,

Happy Halloween everybody.

Sammy Migues and I just published an article on Software Security Training in
informIT based on a decade of experience delivering software security training:
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1767770

The article includes some analysis of both data from the BSIMM study and
information from Cigital's Training practice.  FWIW, we estimate we have
trained 14,000 developers using instructor led training.  Our computer based
training (CBT) is deployed to 105,000 students.  Plenty of real world data.

Training is an essential part of any software security initiative.  As we
refocus our efforts in software security to be more about fixing software
security problems and less about simply finding problems in software, training
will play an even bigger role.

What are the rest of you seeing out there on the training front?

gem

p.s. Thanks to Mike Pittenger for his help with the article.

company www.cigital.com
podcast www.cigital.com/silverbullet
blog www.cigital.com/justiceleague
book www.swsec.com