hi sc-l,

Software security in general spends a lot of time talking about bugs---too much
time, I believe.  We all know that software defects come in two major
subclasses: bugs (in the implementation) and flaws (in the design).  So, how do
you find and FIX flaws?

That's what this month's SearchSecurity column is about.  This article about
finding security flaws in software with Architecture Risk Analysis.  It is
co-authored by Jim DelGrosso who is a Principal Consultant at Cigital and runs
the Architecture practice.

We know this approach works, because we actually use it every day (and have
done so for over a decade): http://bit.ly/1b2f5Zk   No, it's not easy, and yes
it takes experience.  Oh well.

gem

company www.cigital.com