Hi scalding experts,

I remember that at some point of time someone told me not to use
.toTypedPipe call because it can break some optimization. That was in
twitter scalding-users group, so I can't look it up now. I think the
scenario was the following:

My understanding of this issue is very fuzzy, can someone give more context
and implications of using .toTypedPipe call?

The reason I'm asking, the code above compiles just fine without
toTypedPipe call, but IntelliJ loses the typing information which makes it
harder to code, so I end up using .toTypedPipe calls, but then remove them
after the code is complete. Maybe there is some trick to make IntelliJ
understand this implicit conversion?

"Scalding Development" group.
to scalding-dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.