Yes, you should use another SSH client. Like Putty or SecureCRT.
On Oct 27, 7:07 pm, Claude Vedovini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Alex, thanks for the reply.
>
> Does this mean I'll need to use another ssh console to connect with
> this user?
> I mean, I shouldn't be able to use the mindterm online console, should
> I?
>
> On Oct 24, 5:55 pm, Alex Kovalyov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > No, you cannot for now. SSH console is configured to connect as root.
> > You can login as rot once, create a user and log in as that user later.
>
> > On 24.10.08 19:26, "Claude Vedovini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > My bad, services like httpd are actually not running with root
> > > privileges.
> > > However when I log with the ssh console I am logged in as root is
> > > there any way I can change this?
> > > Like creating another user and then ask Scalr to open the ssh console
> > > with that user?
>
> > > On Oct 24, 5:40 pm, Nickolas Toursky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >> What services do you mean?
>
> > >> On Oct 24, 6:16 pm, Claude Vedovini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > >>> Hi all,
>
> > >>> I am not a sysadmin but I was wondering if this is normal usage that
> > >>> every service is configured to be running with root privileges?
>
> > >>> Thanks for the answer,
> > >>> Claude
>
>
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"scalr-discuss" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/scalr-discuss?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---