I have created some tasks for our app role that use the /usr/local/aws/
user/bin/boot_finish hook.  If those tasks fail, I want to prevent the
role from continuing on to host_up, and kill the instance, to give
scalr another shot at starting a new instance.

What is the best way to do this.

Currently i'm just doing a "shutdown -P +2" which waits for two
minutes to make sure the email notices and logger messages have a
chance to make it off the box before the shutdown.

I've called the loga function with a string to try to put an
informative message in the scalr logs, but only the first word of my
message gets displayed in the log.

Is causing my boot_finish script to exit with a non zero exit code
enough to stop host_up, or should I throw a sleep 180 in there to tie
the process up until the shutdown occurs?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"scalr-discuss" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/scalr-discuss?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to