I see from this wiki page there is the ability to import pre-defined,
shared roles provided by Scalr.net:
https://scalr-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/display/docs/Packages+-+Sync+Shared+Roles

This appears to be the underlying PHP code, with hardcoded pointer to
https://my.scalr.net/storage/shared-roles.php:
https://github.com/Scalr/scalr/blob/master/app/tools/sync_shared_roles.php

Can this be extended to end users to let them share their own roles?  The
contents of sync_shared_roles.php look straightforward to duplicate and
modify.

The "sending end" for such role sharing appears to be this file
shared-roles.php:
https://github.com/Scalr/scalr/blob/master/app/www/storage/shared-roles.php

This file is indeed present at
/opt/scalr-server/embedded/scalr/app/www/storage/shared-roles.php on
current version open source Scalr server installations.

I would  gather such a feature would not pose a significant security
concern, since the data retrieved from scalr.net in the course of syncing
shared roles are themselves presumably anonymized.