Hi Due,

This is expected behavior for Azure due to ARM not supporting custom
images.  Discovery Manager
<https://scalr-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/display/docs/Discovery+Manager+-+Servers>

supports Azure as of Enterprise Scalr 7.1.0.  For your current Open Source
version, you will need to Sync Shared Roles
<https://scalr-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/display/docs/Sync+Shared+Roles> to
gain access to our pre-configured Azure Roles/Images. Once you have done
this you may create additional Roles if necessary using those Images.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support