hallelujah!
at last i've found something that nearly fits in with our school project, and
it is GPL-ed (the acronym in english and in hindi)

surpreet, pankaj, raju, whaddya guyz think of this? hope we have our demo up
and running for the school meet. we still have loads to resolve for it, though

:-)
LL

CCMS 0.2b3
http://freshmeat.net/releases/98719/

    CCMS, the Collaborative Content Management System, is a PHP tool for
    online content management by unspecified groups of motivated users. The
    main features include XML file storage, fast training, LDAP, MySQL, and
    file authentication, multi-domain support, multiple languages,
    multi-site management, full versioning, infinite undo, pages generation
    with a cache system, support for skins, a test site, a fast search
engine, and workflow control.