On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:52:12 +0530
LinuxLingam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi fred,
>
> thanks for pumping up the volume on that font contest am trying to
> bring alive in schools.
>
> thankfully, the gnulinux community has shown encouraging response,
> and is helping out with several issues.
>
> would be fabulous if indic font-design contests are held more
> regularly, and more widely, across indian schools and colleges.
> plus, among the hardcore coding community, if indian language coding
> solutions could be encouraged through friendly contests and
> competitions through inter-school and inter-college contests.
>
> there's lots to be done, and we need to catch up on lost decades.
>
> of course, all the work needs to be done on free and freedom-based
> tools, and published under the gnu gpl, and gnu fdl license.
>
> do please spread the word.
>
> secondly, if u know indian font designers, who appreciate unicode,
> opentype, have a sensitive and expert eye on those bezier curves,
> and know how to flourish a brush in calligraphy, do please forward
> us some names. we need such people to mentor and evaluate the font
> designs.

 I know couple of them.
  Ravi Pande <panravi at yahoo dot com>, freelancer based in Pune ,
Was working with CDAC doing most of their fonts with experience in
Opentype also.
  K S Rohilla <ksrohilla at hotmail dot com>, based in Gurgaon,
Working for Summit India. Has exp. with Unicode fonts.

Regards,
Karunakar