> * Best Games windows keep opening too, cluttering GUI

Mhm, I agree, this is somewhat irritating. I would prefer to open
tree window only, and just open best games manually when I want
it.

> * Tree window is not open immediately, so sometimes user
> doesn't know what is happening

This probably depends on the database size and machine speed, I
am recently using splitted databases so I did not observe such
problem. But maybe some progress window would make sense.

> * It is easy to get wrong tree for current database if there
> is only one open

???

> There is one more feature request which is still not possible
> with current setup: to easily get opening tree for given
> player. You need to find his games, copy them to clipboard,
> switch to clipboard and create tree from there

Ahh, this is feature which Chess Assistant calls 'prepare for
your opponent'. Fairly useful when one wants to check what is
the future opp playing. In case of scid one could approximate it
if it was possible to restrict the tree to the filter (although
this feature is useful enough to be given own name and menu
pos...)

(woa, and as we now have multiple trees, it would be possible to
have 'opponent tree' and 'main tree' open simultaneously...)