I am interested in automating updates to my SCID databases (ie:
chesspuzzles.si4) and I haven't had any luck finding program coding notes
regarding how to read SCID's *.si4 data format; and append it.

Has anyone tried to programmically update/append their SCID databases? Can
anyone point to a webpage that can help me read a *.si4 file?

I scour the web for puzzles and currently create FENs in a text file, which I
manually import into SCID.
I'm interested in automating this process and I'm interested to find resources
(webpages) that show me how to programmically append a SCID database *.si4
I would only be entering the following basic information for each chess puzzle:
Event, Site, Date, Event Date, Round, White, Black, FEN