I think it would be quite helpful to add a performance delta column to the tree
window (maybe just called "delta" or "diff" and appearing after the performance
rating column). Currently you can see the average rating for a move and the
average performance rating for the move. Just about the only useful thing to do
with the performance rating is to see how it compares to the average rating.
Knowing that White's performance with a move was 2430 is not really useful on
its own. Knowing that White scored +20 (e.g. 2430 performance with an average
rating of 2410) or that White scored -50 (e.g. 2360 performance with an average
rating of 2410) is the important thing. I currently spend a non-trivial amount
of time either trying to calculate these differences in my head or using a
calculator, so this would be a nice addition. In fact, if the tree window is
too tight for space already I would honestly rather have only the delta and
have to calculate the actual performance manually, since I would almost never
want the performance for anything other than calculating the delta. Or maybe
let the user toggle between performance rating being expressed as an absolute
or relative value? Just my 2 cents. Thanks for ScidVsPC!