Hi Mike

Glad to hear that you like the icons. They are actually Google’s Material Design Icons. But currently there is a licensing issue with the icons. The license under which they are available clashes with the existing license of Scid vs PC. Hopefully that will get resolved in some time. Also, the icon changing procedure is not fully complete yet. So it will take a decent amount of time. Stay tuned.

Yours sincerely

Aditya Chincholi

From: Mike Bock
Sent: 23 September 2020 22:50
To: scidvspc-users@lists.sourceforge.net; Aditya Chincholi
Subject: Re: [Scidvspc-users] A New Set of Icons

I really like those icons, well done!!  How can I get those and apply to my setup?

Mike

On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 12:09:21 PM CDT, Aditya Chincholi <adityachinch...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Steve and other devs

I suppose it won’t be possible to upgrade everything to GPLv3 to make it compatible with Apache 2.0. That’s a pity because I put in another bunch of icons and it looks pretty good. I also added a decent bit of padding to some of the elements. I think that’s needed for quite a few elements in Scid vs PC. I am sharing a screenshot currently. Will share the diff files in a few days. Hopefully, then we can work out how to include this as a patch.

Yours sincerely

Aditya Chincholi