Hi mailing list,
We're getting ready for a new release in a few weeks time :)
Here is a recent win32 snapshot in case anyone cares to test some new
features.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scidvspc/files/windows-beta/Scid%20vs%20PC-win32-r3268-no-mmap.exe/download

Notably, we've removed Gregors fast mmap file open. I know on some systems
this made a lot of difference, but we have a new build system, and the mmap
is actually now *slower* on my  test win7 box. Hopefully there's not too
many systems having obnoxiously slow file opens with this new beta ??

Are there any outstanding translations / contributions ? Anyway, still 3
weeks to go.

cheers, Steven

*A few changes of interest :-*

New multiple games browse feature
Can move/reorder a single game directly from the gamelist context menu
(caution)
Online tablebase update from Michael (old online bases had disappeared)
Time graph: when we are calulating movetimes from %clk, check for a
TimeControl tag and add it's increment to the movetimes
Allow for globbing/wildcard matches in the Name Editor date fields.
Give the comment editor some decent colours.!!
The player ratings graph can now optionally use the ELO history in the
spelling "ratings.ssp" file.
For new chess engines - playing UCI Game: Nodes do not have to be in 1000s
Tree mask/cache - change 'fill with base' to 'with filter', and move the
progress window from individual game.
Don't auto-focus text widget in comment editor as there may be timing
related side effects
New patches/treeviewFont.diff, which allows the gamelist font to be
configured (system Small font) - though probably won't inline this ???