I was wondering if there was a way to script the conversion of the si4/etc.
database(s) to PGN format? There is the CLI tool to convert PGN to SCID
automatically, but I am looking to go the other way around. I dug through
the source code, but I am not a Tcl or C++ programmer, and the C++ methods
are very tightly coupled to the Tcl interpreter; I don't even know where to
begin

As an example for what I'd like to do: I would like to build an automated
process that grabs the latest Caissabase files when they are released, turn
them into PGN, and push the updated games into my own personal database. I
have some other use cases, including a demo for my day job, but all require
hands-off automated processing (even if that processing takes some time),
and can't interact with a GUI.

Any thoughts on whether this is currently achievable, or something that
could be achieved in the future? Thanks!

--nathan