Yasha,
  Did you ask your colleagues why they refuse to upgrade?

My experience with suse goes back to the early days of fedora. The reason I
looked into going suse - i was fedup with tons of fedora updates that were
constantly breaking something. And I could not get updates for rh.
With no pressing actual needs to use exactly suse, I quickly became
frustrated with it - I had to re-learn tons of things, just to become
comfortable enough to do my daily routines and support the system.