On 9/28/17 2:36 AM, David Sommerseth wrote:
On 28/09/17 06:50, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
On 09/27/2017 06:33 PM, Yasha Karant wrote:
I have been instructed to use davmail by the university IT who insist
that the university use a proprietary Microsoft email service.Â
Although the service nominally provides IETF SMTP and IMAP compliant
access, this access has been unreliable.  I have found the following
from http://davmail.sourceforge.net/linuxsetup.html and I have not
found a SL 7 davmail RPM.  Does anyone use davmail with SL 7 and
Mozilla Thunderbird IMAP and SMTP (my choice for an email client)?  If
so,

      Manual setup

Prerequisite: OpenJDK 6 or 7 or Sun JRE 6. Tray icon is now
implemented with SWT and compatible with Java 5.

Note: some users reported issues with OpenJDK 6, please upgrade to
OpenJDK 7 in this case.

You should first download and install Java, with the graphical package
manager or through command line.

Under Ubuntu, launch System/Administration/Synaptic Package Manager,
quick search default-jre, mark for installation and click Apply

Or use the following command:

sudo apt-get install default-jre

Download the linux x86 DavMail package from Sourceforge and uncompress
it with your favorite tool. The standard package will run natively on
x86, to use DavMail on any other hardware platform, replace the SWT
with the right one from http://www.eclipse.org/swt/ or use the
platform independent package.

On Ubuntu and other Gnome or Kde distributions, just use the desktop
launcher. On other distributions, try davmail.sh. You should now see
the DavMail gateway icon in the tray :

end excerpt that is followed by examples of the various GUI boxes that
one must complete.

Thanks for any assistance.

Yasha Karant

 From what you say, you may be using exchange and while davmail may do
the job, I used exquilla.  It cost me $10.00/year for the license, but I
found it VERY effective in dealing with MS Exchange.
Doesn't Evolution ship with Exchange support these days?

<https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/exchange-placeholder.html.en>

I see my RHEL7.4 box have both evolution-ews and evolution-mapi packages.

Possibly, but ever since evolution ate my mailbox (admittedly years ago) I've stayed as far from that as possible... I also simply prefer the environment of Thunderbird over highly integrated mail clients