Hello,

Thanks to everyone for clarifying the future status of SL.
I guess it's time to start researching he docs for Ubuntu/Debian or something.

Looks like we need to revise our computing cluster plan.
The computer here is pretty small with only two nodes and a controller
totalling 112 CPUs.
We use it for numerical modelling of ocean and river currents and sediment
transport (OpenMP/MPICH/FORTRAN).
The changeover will be pretty small. We are still waiting for the OK for a new
node or two.
The current nodes are ten years old. The update to a controller and SL7 was a
last ditch effort to join the two nodes and increase the scale of the models
without costing too much more.

In other news, the link you shared has an article about 'DUNE' which seems like
an interesting project.
I'd certainly frostbite a few toes to just stand around and watch that thing
run experiments.

Thanks for the info,

Peter