I apologize that you do not see the lack of a way forward to EL 8 or other options as a pressing problem in need of a technical solution. Typically, such issues are major engineering concerns when there is a forthcoming and clear problem with the "supply chain", as practical engineering deals with issues that border on logistics and "business", including substitute supply chains, components, and systems.