On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, Felix Reinel wrote:

Hi,
1)
Is there better options I should use to obtain better performance? (e.g.
noac will but I would the server to commit to disk and flash should help
my speed there)
Depending on the NFS version you are using, tuning the block sizes might
help (rsize, wsize).
The newer versions already have decent blocksizes.
Configuring the mountpoints with the async option should again speed up
writes a bit.

IIRC "async" writes return more quickly but there used to be a
possiblity that the data is not as well protected against disasters
(eg if the server lost power between accepting the request and flushing to disk). Is this still true ?

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
a.c.aitchi...@dpmms.cam.ac.uk   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna