Hi all,

In the latest batch of updates, I installed kernel-2.6.32-131.2.1.el6.x86_64 via a 'yum -y update'.

It seemed all of my 5 Xen DomUs running SL6 failed to boot upon rebooting. It looks like all of these systems failed at roughly where switchroot is called.

Interestingly, I could recover from this by shutting down the DomU, mounting then chrooting the DomUs filesystem and issuing:
        # rpm -ivh --force kernel-2.6.32-131.2.1.el6.x86_64.rpm

Not sure how widespread this issue is, but I had a 100% failure rate on Xen DomUs. The one bare metal system I updated did so with no errors.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: net...@crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au