I am in the process of installing SL 6.1 from the install DVD. Two suggestions:

1. A workaround that will allow installation without an Internet connection for those who chose the DVD that contains the necessary RPMs, albeit not necessarily the latest and greatest. Once installed, and the network is configured, then the usual update mechanism can install the latest and greatest production RPMs for the major release in question (e.g. SL 6). Fortunately, the 5.7 Network Manager interface and data for our residential 802.11 ISP network is close enough to the 6.2 version that I could copy data from a network activated laptop to the laptop upon which the 6.2 installation was being done. It is not that I do not know how to configure to get to the ISP service, but that

2. For a custom package selection, after one hits "next", put up a confirmation box so that one can continue the custom process, rather than moving forward with next -- allowing "back".

Yasha Karant