On 08/06/2012 09:00 AM, Jeff Gregor wrote:
I'm setting up a couple of old machines as sort of web/email kiosks for
internal users. I'd like to be able to change the SL logo on the login
screen to use my organization's logo. I've figured out how to change the
background image on the login screen, but can't seem to figure out where
the login panel (gdm-simple-greeter?) is configured. Any help would be
appreciated! Thanks...

I haven't tried in SL6 yet, but in SL5, I place my theme directory in /usr/share/gdm/themes/<theme_name>/

In there, I have a GdmGreeterTheme.desktop that defines the name, description, author, and greeter filename. Then, there is a file matching the greeter filename above (usually something like theme_name.xml) that contains all the goodies you are looking for.

It is probably quickest to just clone an existing theme and tweak your colors/text accordingly.

-Mark
--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola
Senior Control Systems Engineer