On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, Steve Gaarder wrote:

I'm looking at getting some machines based on the Intel Z87 chipset.
Has anyone tried SL6 on this?  I'm wondering how well the graphics and
ethernet work with the stock SL drivers.

thanks,

Steve Gaarder
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
gaar...@math.cornell.edu

I recently built a system with the following motherboard using Z87 chipset.

  GA-Z87X-UD4H

  http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4488#ov

I installed SL 5 x86_64 and everything works fine except for a message about "not supporting audio over hdmi". The board has other audio.

The ethernet works fine and so does the video builtin to the i7-4770K .

-Connie Sieh