On Fri, 21 Mar 2014, Konstantin Olchanski wrote:

I see an odd problem with installing SL 6.5. (I use my USB installer, see my
other message about it).

The installation works okey, boots into linux okey, login to root okey, but
"emacs" does
not work because "libotf" is not installed. This is very strange because libotf
is listed
as a dependancy for the "emacs" package. "yum install libotf" fixes emacs.

Does anybody else see this?

Looks like an old problem - I saw it with SL 6.2 or 6.3 I believe. It should be gone with 6.5

2 different packages at one time provided libotf.so.*:
  libotf
  openmpi-psm

openmpi-psm is gone in later SL versions, so the problem doesn't
occur - at least I haven't seen it for some time.

cheers, etc.
--
deatrich @ triumf.ca, Science/ATLAS         PH: +1 604-222-7665
<*> This moment's fortune cookie: