From: owner-scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov
[mailto:owner-scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov] On Behalf Of P. Larry
Nelson
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 9:41 AM
To: kei...@keithl.com; SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV
Subject: Re: RHEL 5/6/7 "rosetta stone"

With a Mac (running OSX Mavericks), I can do a screenshot or individual window
shot.

To take a screenshot of a window:

Press Command-Shift-4. The pointer changes to a crosshair pointer.
Press the Space bar. The pointer changes to a camera pointer.
Move the camera pointer over a window to highlight it.
Click your mouse. To cancel, press the Escape (esc) key before you click.
Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

First I use Chrome to pull down the pdf.
Chrome, seeing it's a pdf, automatically gives you fade-away + and - controls
in the lower right of the browser window.  What I did (for personal use only)
was just manipulate the view size and scroll up/down, left/right until it's
readable and I have a reasonable bit of the overall poster to print.
Took about 7 window shots that way to get the whole thing.

- Larry

--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | IT Administrator
457 Loomis Lab                 | High Energy Physics Group

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient: (1) you may not disclose, use, distribute, copy or rely
upon this message or attachment(s); and (2) please notify the sender by reply
e-mail, and then delete this message and its attachment(s). EAG, Inc. and its
affiliates disclaim all liability for any errors, omissions, corruption or
virus in this message or any attachments.