Title: Message
"Two pretty boys who would've been lost without a geek"?  Say on, Martin!
-----Original Message-----
From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin Pratt
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 20:52
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] RE: Scifi on TV

Yep, none other than Rex "You Take My Breath Away" Smith (even after twenty-plus years, that song's worth a laugh). I won't try to defend Viper. I just liked it. As for "Stingray", the closest to an ending I remember was an ep in which his past came back to almost bite him on the can. He almost had to give up his "favor-for-a-favor" gig, if not for one of his favors being a Government big-wig who stepped in long enough to let him slip away. There were two more eps before the show ended, if I remember right. Oh, and "Riptide"! Two pretty boys who would've been LOST without a geek. The way the world REALLY works.

Keith Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Street Hawk's star was former pop idol and broadway star ("Pirates of Penzance") Rex Smith, wasn't it? I never got Viper. Seemed kinda low-rent to me. Stingray was definitely cool. I remember one show when the star was arrested and printed. His prints were sent off for matching and he kept telling the arresting officer "You're wasting your time". The officer felt he had the guy, until the results came back: a fax showing a young Black man!  Never did figure out his story, and how did the show end?
Gotta tell you, that was another Stephen J. Cannell show, and he had a long run of good ones, from 21 Jump Street to Riptide to Hunter to (yes, even) A-Team.