> I am compiling quotes for a quote generator that we are installing
> on the planned portal.  Could you guys submit some of your
favorites?

> They can be from any type of speculative fiction genre or media
type.

> Post them to the list or send to the email listed below.

Wow! I almost forgot these quotes, from back in the day when a sci-fi
film had a message and not just special effects:

"Your choice is simple. Join us and live in peace or pursue your
present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your
answer. The decision rests with you."
 -- Klaatu (Michael Rennie, The Day the Earth Stood Still, 1951)

"I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how
you
run your own planet. But if you threaten to extend your violence
[beyond Earth], this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out
cinder."
 -- Klaatu (Michael Rennie, The Day the Earth Stood Still, 1951)

"There must be security for all, or no one is secure. This does not
mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly.
 -- Klaatu (Michael Rennie, The Day the Earth Stood Still, 1951)

George

http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM