-----Original Message-----
From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Amy Harlib
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:01 AM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Dear John Letter to Red States

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  I WISH THIS COULD REALLY HAPPEN!!
  Outraged activist Amy in NYC!

  LOL, hilarious!!!!!
  Lois

  Kelly Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Dear Red States

  We're ticked off at the way you've treated California, and we've
  decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're
  taking the other Blue States with us.

  In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington,
  Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast. We
  believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to
  the people of the new country of New California.

  To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
  We get stem cell research and the best beaches.
  We get Elliot Spitzer. You get Ken Lay.

  We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.
  We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
  We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

  We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You
  get Alabama.
  We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states
  pay their fair share.

  Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the
  Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a
  bunch of single moms.

  Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war,
  and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If
  you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals.

  They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for
  no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their
  children's caskets coming home. We do wish you success in Iraq, and
  hope that the WMDs turn up, but we're not willing to spend our
  resources in Bush's Quagmire.

  With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent
  of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple
  and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of
  America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners)
  90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most
  of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and
  condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools, plus Harvard, Yale,
  Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

  With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88
  percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care
  costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the
  tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern
  Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh,
  Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

  We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

  Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was
  actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred
  unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say
  that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved
  in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy bastards believe you are people
  with higher morals then we lefties.

  By the way, we're taking the good pot, too.
  You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico.

  Sincerely,
  Author Unknown in New California.

  "I never told my own religion nor scrutinized that of
  another. I never attempted to make a convert, nor
  wished to change another's creed. I am satisfied that
  yours must be an excellent religion to have produced a
  life of such exemplary virtue and correctness. For it
  is in our lives, and not from our words that our
  religion must be judged." Thomas Jefferson